What does it cost to join?
It costs $85.00 annually for membership dues ($42 if you join after September).
What does this membership include?
A voice in the artists’ collective, the right to vote, and the right to be elected to the board. All members will have their information posted on the website including photos of your work and contact information for sales. Each member will also have the opportunity to participate in our annual art show and advertising brochures. Joining gives you the joy of networking with other fellow artists.
Am I a good enough artist to join the collective?
Artists at all levels are welcome. Beginner and emerging artists will have the support of other members to develop their talents. Established artists will increase their exposure by joining us.
Does the collective only accept “artists”?
Currently, Saugeen Artists Guild members have a variety of creative backgrounds including, those who work in oil, acrylic, and watercolour paints, textiles, photography, glass, pastel, sculpture, collage, mixed media, pottery, jewellery, fibre art, and more.
When and where do we meet?
Presently, we meet at 7 pm on the first Tuesday of every month at the P&H Centre, 269 7th Avenue, Hanover. We meet upstairs in a classroom. Staff at the centre will kindly direct you to the room, as well as signs that will be posted on meeting nights.
How do I become a member?
To become a member, please visit the New Member Application page and print our application form. Then send it to us either by mail or email, or you are welcome to come hand it in at one of our monthly meetings.
What are my responsibilities as a member?
- Attend at least two meetings of the membership annually
- Serve on at least one committee
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the group
- Co-operate with the members on tasks or commitments as they become necessary for the success of the group
- Participate in a positive and supportive manner with my fellow artists
- Keep up to date with all current events, activities and information via email, website, phone or by post
- Work in the store (if applicable) for the number of shifts per month required according to the procedures, or provide other services in lieu of work as approved by the executive
- Pay a non-refundable annual membership fee of $50, paid once per membership at the time of joining. If membership occurs after September 1st, payment is half of the yearly membership (annual dues are due the first Tuesday in March)
Does the group ever have social events?
Some members also have gatherings at their home for painting once in a while and invites are usually sent out via email.